Choosing Your Wedding Theme
All Couples have a vision on what they want their Wedding Décor and style to be. Rustic, Great Gatsby, Tiffany & Co, Just to name the few that are currently trending. Those visions almost always changed once the planning is really under way which can be costly. Here are some helpful tips on making sure your Wedding Vision sticks to your budget and stick to your Dreams.
- Start with your Guest list first. Planning your wedding theme without an estimate number of guest is truly Costly. This Guest list estimate is critical because it will give you your rental space, your Food & Beverage Minimum, your Table numbers, Chairs, Linen and center piece requirements.
- Decide if children are attending your wedding Reception or not. This is so you can assure that the Theme you choose will fit your Wedding guest and to ensure that things don’t get broken 🙂
- Talk to your Partner. Make sure that your visions are even in the same neighborhood to avoid clashing.
- Make a list of what items you must have for your wedding. Example, Lots of flowers, Candlelit, monograms, over the top cake. This sets the tone and if you wait to highlight the items most important, you will lose your wedding vision and confuse yourself.
- What are things that people know about your relationship with your partner? Example, you both LOVE coffee!! Having a Coffee bar or Coffee favors will engage your guest further in your Celebration and you will feel as if money was not wasted making sure your wedding fits you & your partner’s personalities.
- Choose your Wedding Colors. Choosing your colors early before committing to a theme will less likely cause you to back track on your wedding plans. If you have a hard time finding colors for your theme and your date is fast approaching, more money will be spent trying to find things off season. Choose your colors wisely.
- Talk to Florist and Décor Vendors. This will let you know what flowers are in season. Talking to a professional Wedding Planner &/or Florist will help place your vision in your décor, which is the most important part of your theme.
- Choose whether you will be renting Décor or buying. Many get this confused and it will cost you big time. The most popular thing that other brides tell you is to buy your items and resell and you will pay barely anything. What they don’t tell you is that reselling your Décor after you wedding is not promising and not for the price you paid for it. They also don’t tell you about Steaming linen, how is putting this up in your venue, who is breaking it down after the reception, how to store these items, who will wash these things??? These are serious questions that will need to be communicated with your family and bridal party before purchasing.
- Most of all, once all the above is completed, STICK WITH YOUR THEME. Many family & friends will put their opinion into your wedding and you might actually like the ideas but allowing influence will be costly when changing your mind. Not only costly with your wedding purchases but also will be costly with your Wedding Vendors.